The OTW Shift Supervisor assists the Directors and Managers of the Bayonne Off-Track Wagering Facility. The incumbent will engage in Money Room operations, program/newspaper ordering, audio-visual set up and opening/closing of facility on a daily basis
• Run daily reports, including but not limited to:
o Bill count for self-service machines;
o Teller productivity;
o Teller balance;
o Daily outs;
o Account deposit/withdrawal;
o The daily bank deposit;
o Treasurer’s statement
• Verify each self-service bag prior to teller’s shifts count and prepare the bags for the next day.
• Prepare pari-mutuel clerks for the shift and account for all of the distribution of the Money Bags.
• Assume responsibility for vault rebalance for the next Shift Manager/Director.
• Manage pari-mutuel clerks collections for shortages, issue money receipts for monies paid; make tote adjustments for shortages paid, tote buys and/ or corrections.
• Reconcile self-service terminals, vaults and place moneybags in the vaults for next business preparation.
• Review productivity of operations on a daily basis including sales, total transactions, over and short records and log tapes.
• Add money to the ATM machines as needed; balance the ATM machines once a week.
• Prepare a settlement statement once a month for all machines in coordination with the Treasury Department.
• Reconcile Big M Club vouchers and retain until audit is completed.
• Check all tote machines and provide total maintenance of all machines running needed tests.
• Review all payroll reports as instructed while utilizing ADP system and ensure accuracy of payrolls.
• Assist in ordering programs and racing forms on a daily basis.
• Create and implement departmental scheduling and sign-in sheets in accordance to established labor contract stipulations on the basis of seniority, assignment preference, bid timelines, etc. if applicable.
• Maintain employee records and departmental archives in an orderly and efficient fashion as to obtain needed data by specification.
• Solicit suggestions for improved service from patrons in order to establish a process of tracking and responding to customer feedback and complaint
• Handle employee complaints with the Management and recommend appropriate courses of action.
• Engage in setting up incoming satellite signals on a daily basis and help determine television assignments on a daily basis.
• Complete all other special assignments and reports as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related area from a four year college or university and/or 2-3 years of experience in Racetrack Mutuels
• Must possess effective communication and organizational skills.
• Strong background and in-depth knowledge of the Horse racing industry required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team oriented environment.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.